Friday, August 2, 2013

Our Home: Downtown Abbey

It's been a little over a week in our new home and slowly, but surely, we are making it our own.
I cannot describe to you how surreal it was sitting down at a table and signing all of those documents.
That is truly one of life's weird moments that help you realize.... Yes, I am an Adult.
I mean, the King and I have both been living our adult lives for a while. We've been providing for ourselves and making our own decisions. But now, we have an added commitment binding us together. One that makes us more responsible and accountable.


But.... it's all ours.

That's the best part.

This. Is. Our. House. HOME.

I can't wait to share with everyone the progress we will make on it.

Last weekend we started with the first bit of painting. Next stop: washer and dryer.
After that... who knows.

Welcome to our new downtown house: Downtown Abbey.

13 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations!! I'm looking to purchase a home right now myself and it's been such a rough process (I'm in southern California). I am so happy you found a wonderful home, it is adorable!! Warm wishes for a place where many memories will be made!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine how much harder it is to find a home in Southern California! Thanks for the well wishes. We really are blessed! THanks for following us along in our adventure. Can't wait to get to know you better.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! I cannot believe it is really happening. Does this make me an adult now... for real?!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I hope life is treating you well. Sorry I fell off the face of the planet and was the worst blog friend ever. Can't wait to catch up with you.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!! That's so awesome! Your house is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristie! I kind of love it.... like a lot. There is so much work to do, but it makes it worth it when it's all yours. Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to get to know you better.

      Delete
  5. It looks so cute!!! I can't wait to see more pictures! House tour??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. House tour for sure. I may have made a Cribs style house video for my sister. It's on youtube. I think I need to bring it to the blog. Promise not to laugh? P.S. your baby girl is the cutest little one ever. Seriously. My kids will never be as cute.

      Delete
  6. It's so charming! I can't wait to see the way that it transforms as a result of your love, hard work, and care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! You always have the sweetest comments. Seriously. Thank you so much for you love and support and I can't wait to share the changes with you. LOTS OF LOVE!

      Delete
  7. So fun! We might be taking that type of step here soon as well! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...