Friday, June 3, 2011

Young Girls

“I get worried for young girls sometimes; I want them to feel that they can be sassy and full and weird and geeky and smart and independent, and not so withered and shriveled.” — Amy Poehler

Some words of wisdom. Ben and I went to visit his mother on Memorial Day and on the way back to Orlando, we stopped to get gas in Clermont. At the gas station there was a Lake County Truck full of teenage boys and girls, no doubt out having fun somewhere in Clermont (I'm really not sure what you do for fun there, but I'm sure its close to what we did in Leesburg.... nothing). These girls were young and cute. The boys were young and stupid. They had a song blaring in which every other word was f-this or b-that. One girl was pumping gas to the truck, which was being driven by a dip-doing boy. Another girl was on her phone with her finger in her ear trying to listen on the phone. I suspect that she was doing what I had many times before, trying to convince her parents that she would be home soon and that she wasn't out doing stupid teenager things and making some excuse as to why she was still out so late. My heart ached. I wanted to scream to those girls, "Go home! I'll take you home, but don't ride anywhere with those boys. They can pump their own gas and you don't have to think they are cool. Really you don't. Go home, get good sleep, be good students and do what YOU really like. Be good honest girls. Trust me, these years really WILL NOT matter a year after you leave. You probably won't even leave this town if you don't stop hanging out with boys like that. Go home, so you can have a better and happier life." I hope those girls heard me.

On to more eternal things:

Tonight Ben and I are going to Sam and Montana Carroll's open house. I cannot tell you how wonderful each of them are and I am more than happy that they are married for time and all eternity. Congratulation guys, I know you will have an amazing life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...