Thursday, June 30, 2011

*SPOILER ALERT*

Anyone who knows me knows that I love spoilers. Ben is really bothered by this... I think. I want to know whats going to happen in any movie, books, television show, etc. that I watch/read (P.S. I already looked up who the Bachelorette is going to get engaged to. I had to know. If you do too, click here). Anyhoo, that was not where I was going with this post. Lately I have a dilemma and that dilemma is I cannot sleep. I can't for the life of me figure it out (well except for last night, I think I figured it out then). The last few nights I have been wide awake way past the point of tired. My bed isn't comfortable nor is my body. At first I chalked it up to P90X. Ben and I have started the torturous adventure of literally kicking out bodies into shape. My body has hurt so bad, that its almost impossible to get my seemingly broken body into bed. Last night I realized that besides the P90X there was something else factoring into my insomnia.

+ =

I have always read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I love them. The four girls reminded me of a group of friends that I had growing up and in high school. Granted, we were never as close as the girls in the book, but the characters were so much like each of us that it was kind of eerie. Well (and this is where the SPOILER ALERT comes in) this book takes place ten years after the last book and the girls are almost thirty. Almost immediately the tone of the book is a little bit darker and more grown up than the last four (naturally). Also, almost immediately there is a lack of Tibby. Basically, she kills herself and this is right at the beginning. Great. But the whole book revolves around Bee, Carmen and Lena coming to terms with that and trying to figure out who the heck they are without Tibby. This book is so sad, but it is great at the same time. I am captivated by it, but I can't help but feel these girls sadness as I read through it. It is almost real and its really effecting me. This is why I love spoilers. If I had spoiled this for myself like I do everything else, I wouldn't have been surprised by the killing off of Tibby and would have been able to read through it emotionlessly. That is why I spoil things. I knew that Dobby would die in Harry Potter before I read those fateful words. I knew that Henry and Ugly Betty would break up before I could watch their magic unfold and then be disappointed by the breakup. Oh, and I totally called that Ashley, the bachelorette, would get engaged to JP. Now that was a pleasant not-so-surprise.

Okay, long story short, I have read this book every night before I try to go to bed. Each night I find myself really distraught and nervous with a looming feeling overhead. It is because I have read this book and feel stressed out for the girls and then I keep that stress within myself for some odd reason. This is why spoilers are a necessity in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...