Monday, November 8, 2010

A Great Weekend

This last weekend was one of the best I have had in a while... I actually got to relax, and on top of that, Ben was able to relax too and we just had a great time. On Friday night we went to the church for movie night; it was Toy Story 3 and it was hilarious!!! I have never seen Ben laugh so hard in my life (he mostly laughs on the inside). I wanted to try playing Spanish music to see if he would react like Buzz did when they reprogrammed him. After the movie, a group of my friends all went to have dinner and desert at the Cheesecake Factory... yum yuummm yuuuummmm.... It was so much fun... I even got to have a whip cream fight with Ben. I don't know how we managed to get some of the "older" people in the group to go bowling at midnight, but we did. I haven't been in forever and I am still HORRIBLE! My first game I bowled a 45 and the second game I got a 97... at that point it was 2 am and we had a service project bright and early, so we left.






Orange County provides services to the homeless and lower income households in the county for free and these little fair like things. Well this one was more based around the family and spending more time together. Ben and I got assigned to watch the playground (it was freezing btw). I think parents saw us as two creepers chilling on the playground instead of as volunteers, so most of the kids stayed away from the playground. Eventually more kids come (I think as it got warmer) so we were able to somewhat volunteer. I even got to see saw with a precious 9 year old named Virginia.

That night Ben and I got to hang out and relax and then I even got him to hang out with me on Sunday after Stake Conference. Stake Conference was pretty cool. We got a new stake presidency. I don't think I have ever had a stake presideny that didn't include President Holladay or President Bush, and now they are both in this new one! Oh I forgot to mention that I am now the 1st counselor in the College Park Relief Society. I'm loving it so far, but it is a lot more work and dedication that I would have originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...