Saturday, July 30, 2011

Truck.

Last Saturday I was waiting for Ben to come to my house so we could hang out (a.k.a. do his homework) and he was taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R, so I decided to head over to the adorably quaint Lake Lily Park (like .2 seconds walk away from my house)......

As I sat on my bench (yes, I have now commandeered a bench and declared it to be my own) a nice, older man walked up to me and asked if I was a bible reading kind of girl. I told him, "yes I am, as well as a Book of Mormon reading girl." I guess this intrigued him because we then embarked on an hour long spiritual journey together. He was a Jehovah's Witness and I a Mormon. We never argued or got frustrated with each other, instead we just bore our testimonies to each other about simple truths that we each knew to be true (most of them similar, a few differing). Once our discussion ended, we realized we never shared our names with each other. Truck and I shook hands and thanked each other for letting us share our beliefs.

A few thoughts:

1. I am so grateful for what Adam and Eve did for me. By partaking of the forbidden fruit, I can now walk this earth and have an eternal family. Without their sacrifice, I could never have had that.

2. I am so grateful for the direct translation of the Book of Mormon. It provides the must needed insight to the things we learn in the Bible and because I know that it is a direct translation, I know I can take it as pure gospel truth, straight from the Lord's mouth.

3. Truck and I both know that we are sent here with a commission to share the truth and love of our Savior's gospel with those we come into contact with. I have been scared of this lately, but I am grateful for his example of fearlessly doing it.

The. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...