Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend

This last weekend was fantastic. I'm not entirely sure why, but it was. On Thursday night (early Friday morning), Ben and I went to go see the last Harry Potter installment. It was fantastic and oddly, I felt really sad by the end of it because it would be over. Sometimes I feel really weird admitting to how much I love Harry Potter, but that love comes from the fact that I am apart of the Harry Potter Generation. Harry and I were always the same age and I was apart of all the hooplah from the start. It was actually a little bothersome seeing all of these tweens running around at midnight acting all frantic and completely childish about the whole Harry Potter thing. I guess it shouldn't, but for some reason I wanted to yell at all of those wanna-bes talking through my movie, that they were frauds and that they probably haven't even read any of the books, but have only seen the movies. Its stupid and wrong of me, but hey, you sometimes can't help what you feel.... especially at 2:30 a.m. Plus, I had the epiphany that I am too old for the midnight showing. After seeing all of the Harry Potter ones that were available for the coveted midnight showing, I think I am done with that part of my life.... maybe... we'll have to see how I feel when the last two installments of the Twilight saga get released.

Friday, I got Ben to play hookie with me all day. It was wonderful having him around for a full day of whatever. Both of us are so consumed with our jobs and school that I feel like we really don't get to spend any relaxing time with each other. We went to the park to have my old co-worker Jen snap some pictures of us for her new photography business. She is amazing and you can get her info. here. It was hot and slightly uncomfortable but fun, all at the same time. Here are a few of my favorites. You can see the rest here.

I don't remember what we even did that night. I think we just worked on homework and watched a movie or something, but regardless, it was so great to spend that time with Ben. I was even able to rope him into going to the Valencia library with me most of Saturday to work on homework. Basically, Ben is great and I know how much of a sacrifice it was for him to just forget his responsibilities to spend the much needed time I needed with him. That's my King Benjamin, always sacrificing what he wants for what I want. How could you not love a guy like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...