Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dreamin' and Schemin'

Today I have been dreaming and scheming of plans. These plans are what I want to do with the rest of my life. I've come to a few major conclusions that, once put all together, will make me happy....-ier. I guess I'll let you in on my secrets, and here they are:

1. I'm starting a new blog (in addition to my personal one). Its already in the works (I'm just waiting for my co-worker to get back from lunch to help me with the kinks) and it's titled "Quintessentially Yours." What kind of blog is this going to be Kaylee? I'll tell you! It will not be that craft blog I mentioned doing before (that plan crashed and burned a long time ago.... may it rest in peace). No siree, it is a fresh new wedding blog. "But Kaylee, there are tons of wedding blogs out there!" Trust me, I more than anyone know! Where do you think I devote most of my spare time? If you didn't know, it would be on several wedding blogs. One thing I noticed was there aren't very many LDS wedding blogs. You know, the kind that focus on modest wedding dresses (not the kind we have to trick ourselves into altering), pictures outside of temples, advice on how to plan a temple wedding (especially if you are dealing with non-member loved ones), oh and d.y.i. decor that us lovely LDS women are more than obsessed with! Yep, that is what my blog will entail. I'll let you know when that is up and running.

2. I'm also going to be opening an etsy shop. It will be called "Quintessentials." I am so jealous of all the girls/women who get to work from home crafting and selling their fun stuff with others. I am stuck behind a desk. I hate being stuck anywhere, let alone a desk with harsh lighting. So, I'm putting my talents to use (in my spare time, since I have no clue how to create a business proposal and get a loan or anything like that). Some of my talents include embroidering, reading, concocting and frosting (as in what jewelry does for women). I'll be making/selling, among other things, some amazing jewelry (mostly bracelets), hand embroidered bookmarks and homemade bath scrubs (that will be tried and true). Get excited for this people!

All of this leads up to end goal number three....

3. One day opening up the store, "Quintessentially Yours," which will be a full-on LDS bridal/prom/clothing/accessories/what-ever-else-I-want store in Florida for all of us gals who are tired of altering our clothes or flying to Utah for them, or even worse, having to wait on the mailman to deliver our online purchases.

That's the dream baby and by gollie, it's going to happen!Until then, I guess I'll keep dreamin' and schemin' away......

P.S.
In case you were wondering:

quin·tes·sen·tial/ˌkwintəˈsenCHəl/,

Adjective: Representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...