Friday, October 9, 2009

..."Real" Adult...

Today I read my friend Eric's blog... he posted something that really made me think and re-taught me a lesson.... A person that he was not very close to, but knew passed away and on her blog she posted about how time has a different meaning once you realize the amount of it you have left... you realize the things that are really important in your life, like flossing? Is ti really that important when you realize you only have four weeks left? So much in life is like that... For instance I have no clue what I would do with my time... I think I might quit my job and sell all of my stuff and (since I have life insurance now) not freak out about what my parents are going to do money-wise... I probably would just go around the US seeing all of my distant family that I probably don't even realize I'm related to.... I mean once we leave this life, they are all we have left... I probably would make my sisters Lindsey and Amber take off school and go with me... I think I'd try to convince my brother Tommy to do it too... I think I take them all for granted...

Basically, life is full of hindsight... I mean take today for instance... I became a "real adult..." what makes you a real adult you might ask? Well according to this almost 20 year old, its when you have to pick out your health benefits and doctors that YOU are now paying for and then you realize that you also get life insurance just in case you croak and you have to pick people who get your money... INSANE! but today I had the hindsight of wishing that I was force to take a class on becoming an adult once a year in high school instead of gym once a semester... Hindsight.... but then I just realized... maybe becoming an adult is when you have to tough it out through these life decisions that you have no clue how to make... that's what really makes you a real adult... if not you would be skating by and kind of living life too easy... I don't want that either... So here I am... an real adult who now needs to rethink what time really means to her and the things that she should really be doing with it.... so far three things are on this list: 1. Serve the Lord more... 2. Spend more time with my loved ones... 3. Be a positive impact im more peoples lives....

Ready? Lets get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...