Thursday, April 15, 2010

...Forgiveness...

When I lived in Tallahassee I got set up on a blind date that was surprising... The guy belonged to a frat and I was a bit worried, but I knew he was taking me out to a nice place so I thought, what the heck, at least I'll get a nice dinner out of it! Well as it turns out the conversation was surprisingly nice and the guy didn't think I was a complete freak because of my pretty firm beliefs... I really enjoyed the date and we made plans for a couple of others... one of those dates happened to be me making him dinner... I overly prepared for it, and he blew me off... Needless to say I was pissed and trust me he heard it and tried justifying with BS excuses... I wiped my hands of it and was done... Months later I got a message from the guy on facebook... He said that he was sorry he never apologized for standing me up and explained how he did like me and that he has a drug addiction which limited him to doing the things he really wants to do... He also told me that I was beautiful and that if it weren't for his addiction he'd want to be with me... I was very surprised with his open honesty, especially since I hadn't seen or heard from him in a while! Needless to say, it made my day... I realized that I had forgiven him for that a while ago, but that he needed to still ask for forgiveness for it to be okay with him and I can really appreciate that.. I know how hard it is to correct mistakes you made, even if they are already forgiven... It make me think of the things that I might not have asked for forgiveness for because I was embarrassed or too prideful at the time... I hope I can have the courage to make restitution like this guy did... I appreciate his example, however late it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...