Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Missing.

"A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?” -Kahlil Gibran

I have had many friends and even big friends, but very few great friends. To quote the infamous, at least in my eyes, Angelica from “Win a Date with Tad Hamilton”:

Angelica: Well is it love, big love, or great love?

Pete: What do you mean?

Angelica: Well, love you get over in two months, big love you get over in two years, and great love, well great love... changes your life. So which one is it?"

Lately I have realized that I truly miss these great friends even more and that I need to be a great friend to them and make more time for them, even I it is a quick phone call or visit. So here they are, the great friends that I am missing in my life right now:

Amanda Knowles. I stalked her into being my friend. I guess even at the early age of 7, I knew how much I would need Amanda in my life. She is always there when I need her and will always see the best side of me. She once dubbed herself my guardian angel, Mandy Lou Hoo, and that is exactly what she is. Amanda has made me an infinitely better person and I am eternally grateful for her presence in my life.

Laurel Marzek. She is the one who finally got me to ride the bus. I was eavesdropping in my 6th grade reading class and found out that she lived right around the bend from me in my neighborhood. That day I went home and told mom that I would love to ride the bus now; she totally knew something was up. Ever since then Laurel has shown me what a truly big heart is and that determination is what makes a person successful; well that and their genuineness. I want to be more patient like her.

Katie Wallace. I loved her from the moment I met her. We just clicked and from there we were inseparable. Who knew that me sitting in on a missionary discussion would result in one of the most endearing friendships I have ever been apart of. It became a joke between us that we were practically in a relationship because we would spend every waking moment together. Even though we are in different areas, we won’t ever break up (I promise!) and she will always be my one and only “girlfriend.” Katie is love.

Sara Ranon. This is the most legit girl I can think of. Everything she is and does, I want to do too. Her style is amazing and her outgoing yet reserved personality is contagious. At first she may appear to be shy, but whoa! hold on to your pants when she wants to have fun because trust me, it will be fun. Sara has a vest for life and has a sincere heart; one that is hard to come by in a friend. I feel like I can always tell her anything and she won't judge me at all. Sara is very near and dear to my heart; I have done some major growing with her. I wish I could be more like her.

Jay Rhinehart. He is probably the only guy to make my true friend list. He stole Oreos (well not technically stole, but you know) for me at a volleyball activity and ever since he became a true friend. Jay showed a lot of patience in being my friend and in turn taught me more patience than I thought I could handle. He taught me to drive a manual and always looked out for me. Every girl needs a guy friend like Jay. If you don’t have one, I feel really sorry for you because they are invaluable.

I miss you guys (if you ever happen upon this). I promise to be the great friend that you in turn deserve for being my great friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...