Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's

I love all minor holidays. Halloween, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day. Pretty much any holiday that still requires you to go to school and work, I love. Not only do I love them, but I tend to make them a big deal. It's weird, I know, and I partially blame my mother. With that said, I usually always get stressed out on Valentin'es Day because guys have it easy. Get one of these three things and you're good to go :

1. Card
2. Flowers (my favorite anytime of the year)
3. Candy

Girls, not so much. I'm pretty sure Valentine's Day was created just for women. I almost always have no clue what to do for my man. This year, that was not a problem.

1. Card. Totally found this awesome card online for like $15. No way was I paying that so I decided to duplicate it. Here is the end result:


2. Flowers. I think Ben would have thought me a crazy person if I gave him flowers so... moving on.

3. Candy. Ben doesn't eat a lot of sugar. Partially because its bad for you, mostly because he gets really sick from it. I'm pretty sure he's hypoglycemic. So I saw the idea for a fruit basket with these cute stickers to put on the fruit. I made it and I think it was a success. The stickers said cheesy things like: We make a great PEAR, I love you BERRY BERRY much, You're the APPLE of my eye, I'm BANANAS for you and ORANGE you glad you're my valentine. Here is the template via Twig & Thistle just in case you want to do this whenever.


Basically I succeeded this year and I was relieved. I love my Ben more than anything. He is the most amazing, humble and patient man I know. I'm blessed to have him in my life and I honestly couldn't have ever had a better Valentine than him (well, except for maybe my dad.... or grandpa....). Happy belated Valentine's Day!

P.S.
Ever since I figured out the whole April 23rd Spain Valentine's Day thing, I'm pretty sure I'm adopting that into my holiday excitement. Lucky Ben. He gets two days this year for me to overly celebrate my love for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...