Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cow Theory

There is the old saying:

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I know a few people who are giving their milk away for free. Maybe not in an extreme sense, but still, in a way where they will be jipping themselves or already have jipped themselves, in the long run. Most people shrug this notion off. This morning it hit me. It's not necessarily the problem of buying the cow when you get the milk for free. Most people buy the cow, use their milk and then what? They do what any normal person does with the cow. The kill it and eat it and then keep the milk and meat. I know, I know, this is kind of an extreme comparison, but still, its true.

Someone I care about very much got into the habit of giving out milk, but not for free at first. As they got more comfortable with their "farmer" they started to loan out the milk. Now, the great and long cow/farmer relationship has hit a road-bump, the cow is stuck with no more milk. The farmer hasn't killed off the cow yet, but once he realizes he can just get the cow for the meat and not have to deal with the cow anymore after that, well than, that's what he's going to do.

This is probably completely random, but it boils down to this:

1. Don't lower your standards (or the standards of those who are trying to teach you if they aren't your own standards yet) for anything.

2. The farmer WILL NOT keep the cow. He won't. The cow always get used for something.

3. Don't ever put yourself in a position to be the cow.

I'm so tired of seeing people I care about settling and thinking that they will be okay with their decisions when they have no clue what the real consequences will be. Save yourself the heartache and keep that milk for yourself!

Okay, I'm done rambling now. A post and the pictures from mine and Ben's NYC/Salt Lake Puerto Rico trip are soon to come. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...