Monday, September 14, 2009

... Just a Horse Town...

Ocala... smack inbetween Gainesville and Leesburg, was always just another landmark saying I was closer to home when I would drive from Tallahassee to Leesburg... I always just thought it was a dingy old outdated horse town, but I was wrong, and I actaully really really like it there!
Two weekends ago I went to visit Katelyn McGrath... She is what I consider the closest thing I have to having a big sister... She used to pick me up for Sminary (I LOVED when she was late!), she was the girl I looked up to in Young Women's, and more importantly she had a unique way of teahing me something every girl needs to know at some point in their life by using a toaster to help teach it... only she and a few others will get that last one and I think I'll keep it that way :)

Katelyn is the person that gave me a lot of help through my break up with Justin... I guess I never knew she went through some similar stuff and she really could help out... She also made it a point to try and help me find good RMs to date, not just any RM... i.e. Joey.... poor poor Joey... Thats who I went to see in Ocala...
Friday night I got to Ocala and went to a Forest High School football game with Kate and her awesome little girl Macie... Kate's hubby was there selling smoothies from Smoothie King with his dad, who is the Smoothie King! It was werid going to that because first, I felt sooo much older than the kids there, even though it was me just a few years before, and because it was Forest High, my biggest rival soccer wise in High School... after then game Kate and I rented the Hannah Montana movie and watched it, and it wasn't too bad... mean while, Kate and Micheal (katelyn's hubby) stole my cell phone and were texting poor Joey about going to the beach the enxt day... I honestly felt so bad seeing that Michael told me that Joey liked to make out on the first date (which he doesn't) and he told Joey that I like to cuddle on the first date (which isn't necessarliy true); basically Michael and Kate were totally entertaining themselves at the pain of Joey and I... I must admit though it was kind of entertaining afterwards...

Saturday Joey and I went to the beach... I was pretty nervous because I had only talked to the kid and never actually met him, but I had a blast! We drove over to Ormond by the Sea and had some great conversations the entire way... we went out in the water (he surfed while I just tried staying afloat on my boogie board) and then he attempeted to reteach me how to surf... I think he got frustrated, but I totally would have too :) After we went to IHOP and had the most delicious breakfast food I have ever eaten!!! it was the bomb... Once we got back into Ocala, we were beat and tired, so we decided to play Michael and Katelyn's wii... I honestly haven't met my match at a lot of wii sports, but lets just say Joey kicked my trash...

Sunday I had the pleasure of going with Joey to the Spanish branch (he served in Mexico) and totally had no clue what was going on! I asked Joey not to translate for me because he said earlier that he doesn't like to because then he doesn't get anything out of the meeting, so instead he just told me what scriptures to look up and what topic they were talking on... I pretty much did my own scripture study... I loved it... and the people were awesome, very welcoming and loving! After Spanish branch I went and sat with Katelyn and her family in her ward's sacrament meeting and finished out the rest of church in her ward for a grand total of 5hrs at church!

After church we headed over to Katelyn's in-laws for some super declicious tacos!then after that, back to the church for a ward social.... We had strawberry shortcakes (using the bfreshest Strawberries ever, from Smoothie King...) and watched some conference talks that the Bishop picked out for the ward... It was really great... then we went back to Kate's, crashed and then I started the 2 hr. 15 min. car ride home at 5:30 am!!! Crazy I know, but honestly the ride goes by faster to me plus there is like no one on the road; just me and my jams!!!

Honestly I'm really greatful that I am getting to spend more time with Katelyn... she is the best and I truely look up to her like my big sister and she is quickly becoming one of my best friends! Alright Kate... when you read this you can wipe away a tear and say, "Awww!" I know you want to! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...