Monday, September 14, 2009

...T-Town GetDown - Kaylee's Version...

T-Town GetDown was supposed to be the biggest party of the year YSA-wise in Tallahassee, and everyone was excited for it! Almost our entire ward was involved somehow for the entire days festivities, and I had the lucky job of doing the get-to-know-you games... I had it down to a science... There were going to be six groups and we were going to rotate playing the games lovingly called: The Line Game, The Neck Game, The Beach Ball Game, The Animal Noise Game, The M&M Game, and Two Truths and a Lie... Thing is, I forgot that no one comes to the first part of an activity, especially when its at 11 am and the lunch isn't until 1 and the dance isn't until 7:30 that night, but hey they few that showed up got to know each other and I think we had a lot of fun!After my games everyone could either go play Wii or Guitarhero games and board games inside or play games outside while eating snow cones... Plus they had a pie eating contest, slip-n-slide and live bands playing... not to mention the best Bar-B-Q ever... My friend Sara and I decided to leave a bit early since we weren't feeling too well and decided to have a chill artsy-craftsy day together instead... Sara made a pot roast (very delicious and domestic!) and then we went on over to Joann Fabrics to get some stuff to make head bands... The night before Sara and I went to First Friday (we have the coolest art park in Tallahassee called Railroad Square and a couple of our friends have a studio there and the first Friday of every month the art park opens and there are cool shops and such)... Kim and Melissa, the friends who own a studio, had these neat headbands in there that they had made and they didn't look too difficult, so Sara and I put our homemaking skills to the test... They turned out pretty good if I do say so myself... I loved getting to spend time with Sara and she is one of the coolest girls I know and I'm glad that her boyfriend just left for his mission so now I can have her all to myself while he serves the Lord! Sara and I met each other last year and did couple stuff together when Justin and I were dating, but I like just having girl time with her... she is so chill and likes a lot of the same things I do... I can tell that we're going to be great friends!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I can't wait to see the finish product! You must teach me! The girls love headbands!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...