Friday, April 13, 2012

A Coffee Date = Hello Me.

I don't know if any of my "long time" readers (shot out to my mom and the aunts), or anyone else for that matter, has noticed, but I have been starting to try and get my blog "out there." I'm not sure if I even know what that means, but to me, it means getting my voice out there so I can help/bond/influence others like so many in the blogging world have for me.

One blogger that I have immediately connected with was this woman:
Emily from The Anderson Crew.

Recently I found out that she lived in Orlando and I was dying to meet her. She agreed to meet me for a date at Starbucks and I was stoked. All day yesterday, as I sat behind my desk at work, I could not wait to clock-out and go meet her. She probably would have thought me a crazy person if she saw HOW excited I was. When I finally pulled into the Starbucks parking lot, my palms started sweating like a nervous teenage girl on her first date (well, that is what this kind of was.... HELLO!). 

I walked in, saw her smiling face and it felt as if we had known each other forever (at least it did for me Emily.... just in case you're reading this). She gave me a big hug and the rest of our two hour conversation flowed. Between talk of blogs, marriage, adoption, family, moving and even the name Apple, I couldn't help but be distracted by her glasses. People, this woman has style. Tons of it. Who else do you know that can pull of cat-eye glasses that are complete with equal, multiplication and division signs???!!! She can, that's who. I could have talked her ear off (and I'm sure I probably did), but I knew she had already taken enough time out of her life and away from her precious family of 6 beautiful kids to sit with little old me. I don't think she will ever know how much that little coffee date meant to me.

Emily gave me wonderful advice about my blog. She told me to have fun and be myself. I have been struggling with being myself on this blog. For the most part I always am, but some days I think, "how on earth will anyone want to read my blog? I have done NOTHING interesting, exciting or relate-able....." 

If I learned anything from my time with Emily, it was that I am fun. I am nice. I am who I am. I do have lots going for me and I am in one of the most exciting times of my life. I'm getting married to the most wonderful man and I shedding the old single Kaylee. I'm making myself into someone completely different. Someone who will be more loving and selfless. Someone who will be two people instead of one.

I am so grateful for all of the readers and growth I have experienced over the past month. I am even more grateful for the knowledge of who I am. Thank you all for making my blogging experience what it is. I love all of the comments, sweet gestures and advice. I'm grateful for you sharing your experiences with me. 
So hang on guys, let's take this wild ride together. From the old Kaylee to the new Mrs. Gwyn.

1 comment:

  1. oh sweet kaylee...you are so fun and i had a great time on our coffee date. i am excited for your new life adventure...seriously, marriage! it's gonna be a blast, girl.

    let's have coffee again before i leave, mkay?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...