Monday, February 13, 2012

5 Things I Love: My Friends

In honor of Valentines coming up (yep, 1 day guys... 1 day! Click here for a great idea), I have decided to share about five things I love. Today, its all about my friends, mis amigos, "the partners in crime." Let me explain...
I have been more than lucky to have some of the greatest people anyone could ever meet be my truest friends. That is an understatement. It is crazy to think of how much these people have influenced my life, shaped it and changed me for the good. I can break them all up into specific groups.

*Another Disclaimer: They will all probably kill me for the pictures I'm using. Oops.*

The Childhood/Lifelong Friends:
I met Laurel in middle school. I eavesdropped on her conversation with our Literature teacher about where she lived. The second I realized it was in my neighborhood, we became not only bus riding companions, but the best of friends. So what if she is a Florida Gator and I was a FSU Seminole? We still love each other. Laurel is who grounds me and keeps me on the straight and narrow. Plus she is the best at staying in contact. Especially when I don't deserve it.
 
In second grade Amanda moved into my class. From that moment on, I stalked her into becoming my best friend. We may not see/talk to each other for VERY extended periods of times, but I know this girl loves me. I really hope she knows that I love her more than words can describe. She'll be one of the first few people I call when major life events happen. She is my guardian angel and conscience and I hate to think who I would be without HER in my life.

The Transitional Friends:
Katie is probably my soul mate, or the closest thing I have to one. This girl gets me. She loves me even though I am very flawed and she knows it. She is the best listener and she will always be one of my truest loves. I don't care that she has Sam in her life... she knows that we're secretly each other's number one. Katie was, and still is, my biggest supporters throughout my many life changes.
Ever make a list of qualities you want in your perfect friend? Well I did and I found mine! It's Sara. She will tell you like it is, listen to you, care for you and help you through the roughest patches along the way, all while loving you and not judging you. She is so fun-loving and adventurous and I cant help but try to be so much more like her.

The Guys:
Every girl needs her guy friends. These happen to be mine and they happen to be brothers. Jay is the one who give me sound advice and passes along the best in music. He is the guy I go to when I need to remember that life is good. Greg is the one I can tell anything to. I can tell him all about the crazy stuff I've done and he'll laugh and then proceed to tell me that I am, in fact, crazy. It works. These guys have really been the best guy friends a girl can ask for. I love them both very much... blah blah blah mushy gushy stuff they could care less about....

School/Work Heroes:
Without Amanda, all of my paralegal classes would be horrible. I would have either died of boredom or ended up committing man slaughter against one of my teachers. Somehow it has worked out that we are in classes together every semester and I honestly cannot think of whom I would rather be taking pictures with the Cat Lover's Camera app or eating Rips with during class.
 
Everyone needs a Cami. End of story...
Just kidding. I wouldn't jip our friendship for that. Cami is really one of the most inspiring people I have met. She is the epitome of a strong, confident, lovely woman. She is like my big sister. She will ALWAYS call me out on my crap and then follow up with a laugh at one of my stupid jokes. Plus, she can make the most legit salsa in the world.... Work without her has been the worse. She made not only my working life better and more care free, but my life in general.
Jill is my former work/school friend. She is such a laid back and easy going friend, If it weren't for her, my life would not be nearly as mellow. She is the breath of fresh air that everyone needs in their life. Who else do you know that will invite you to go kayaking through a zoo to feed giraffes one day and then the next, knit with you in your real property class while the professor gives you such dirty looks? Jillian is my grandma/adventurer soul mate.

The Currents:
Diana aka little smokey aka the other Kardashian sister. She lights up my life... and my cell phone and I love it. I can always count of Diane to have sent me a million truly laugh out loud texts a day. Also, she always is taking pictures of me. "Why do you always have to take pictures of the things I do?!"... her response, "because they are presh." Who doesn't want a friend who thinks your weird quirks are presh? Not only is Diane beautiful on the outside, she is one of the most real and beautiful people on the inside. 
Gooooooooooo is the one word to describe my friendship with Jess. In fact, only she and Diana will get that. With all of our inside jokes, from the first blind date together to the violins in Diana's back yard, never is there a dull moment. She is my go-to on style and doses of reality. She is a sympathetic soul who the most "non-fake" person I know. If you can't love her, then I may have the biggest problem with you. No wait... if you cant love her, you just have problems. End. Of. Story.
Sweet sweet Meggles. The only person to rival my friendship with her would be that of Katie's. Its almost as if, from time to time, I am in a relationship with her. We knows the deepest dark secrets of me, the biggest and brightest moments and she supports me through it all. This girl will crack anyone up and you cannot help but feel like you are loved and one of the most popular people when you are in her presence. I am so grateful for her understanding love for me.

I sincerely love each and every one of these people. Never before has this quote been more true to me:

"Everyone needs good and true friends. They will be a great strength and blessing to you. They will influence how you think and act, and even help determine the person you will become."
-here.

Check back tomorrow to see my love for... well... love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment you sweet person you! If it is a question or something for me to reply to, check back here as I tend to answer through the comments. I appreciate all the love!

Love Kaylee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...